Pages

Sunday, December 1, 2013

I Must Preach, We Must Preach, There Are Other Sheep!


Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.” (John 3:5-8 ESV)

I have no idea when or where the Holy Spirit is going to move or work. I must preach the Gospel.
And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd.(John 10:16 ESV)

There are other Sheep, there are other sheep, there are other sheep!! I must preach, I must preach, I must preach!! They will listen!

But one of them, Caiaphas, who was high priest that year, said to them, “You know nothing at all. Nor do you understand that it is better for you that one man should die for the people, not that the whole nation should perish.” He did not say this of his own accord, but being high priest that year he prophesied that Jesus would die for the nation, and not for the nation only, but also to gather into one the children of God who are scattered abroad.(John 11:49-52 ESV)

There are children of God scattered abroad. I must preach.

And the Lord said to Paul one night in a vision, “Do not be afraid, but go on speaking and do not be silent, for I am with you, and no one will attack you to harm you, for I have many in this city who are my people.” And he stayed a year and six months, teaching the word of God among them.(Acts 18:9-11 ESV)

I believe there are many in this city. I must preach.

For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!” But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed what he has heard from us?” So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ. (Romans 10:12-17 ESV)

Faith comes from hearing and hearing through the word of God. I must preach the Gospel.

For we know, brothers loved by God, that he has chosen you, because our gospel came to you not only in word, but also in power and in the Holy Spirit and with full conviction. You know what kind of men we proved to be among you for your sake. (1 Thessalonians 1:4-5 ESV)

Being filled and baptized with the Holy Spirit, with power and full conviction, I must preach.

But we ought always to give thanks to God for you, brothers beloved by the Lord, because God chose you as the firstfruits to be saved, through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth. To this he called you through our gospel, so that you may obtain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. (2 Thessalonians 2:13-14 ESV)

To this God calls through the Gospel. I must preach!

I must preach,

I must preach,

I must preach,

We must preach the Gospel!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bonitas Dei

Bonitas Dei, the goodness of God. Goodness according to Webster’s Dictionary means, “The state of being good; the physical qualities which ...